Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

blogging about blogging (just a re-post from my old new old blog.)


This is my 10th? 15th? blog. I'm a wanderer when it comes to blogging. And lazy. Really, really lazy. What happens is I start a blog, it goes well for about 3-4 weeks, maybe 6-8 if it's summertime, and then I either run out of things to say for a week or two, or get distracted by other internet areas, or just decide sleep is more productive. And then I start feeling pressure to write. And then I don't have anything to say. And then I get disillusioned with myself. And then I feel pressure not to be disillusioned. And so I've decided I will just write blogs as they come to me, and not place crazy pressure on myself to come up with something witty and clever every few days or even every week. I'll just update when I update.

I have also promised me that I will not place crazy pressure on myself about keeping up with other people's blogs since I'm being brutally honest with myself and admitting I can barely keep up with my own. I know that's really poor blog etiquette, and highly narcissistic. But please know: if you visit and do leave me a comment, I promise I care about you, and will make it to your blog and read and comment and show proper blog etiquette. But I may not respond here. I'm very sporadic. And spastic.

Really, I opened up this blog as just a cathartic, thought processing, emotional garbage expellage place for me to get it all out, type it all down, and put it all forth to whoever may be interested. If you are, that's cool! Take a seat, grab a fizzy and/or hot drink, read away. If you aren't, that's cool! Have a great day/week/month/year/life--many blessings to you as you continue your journey.

I also don't actually have an official category for this blog. I'm a mommy, but not a mommy blogger; 2 year olds really only do so many bloggable things in a 24 hour period. I'm a teacher, but not a teacher blogger; teachers can get sued and written up and fired for saying the wrong thing where I live. I'm beginning to love to cook, but I'm so bad at it (and so lax and often lazy and really uncreative) that I can't call this a food blog. And one of my 2011 Big Goals of All Time is to get in shape again and complete a 5K, but I go into so many downswings where I eat way too many cookies in one day and hang out on my sofa watching House Hunters, Ghost Hunters, Dora the Explorer, and Curious George (not in that order), that I can't even call this a fitness blog. And I love to write (in theory), but I'm not a writing blogger; I bet if I actually sat down and consistently WROTE, I could probably fix that.

Really, you know what I am? I'm a spewage blogger, is what I am. I spew. For all the world to see, if it wants. I don't know why. Those around with more private sensibilities (example #1: my husband) wonder out loud why I possess this odd need to share my inner world and offline experiences with strangers and friends on the internet, off and on. And my answer always is: I don't know why? I do know I'm very repressed, I'm sure this has something to do with it. But other than that, I think I just like the act of typing. And then seeing my words on an organized, cute piece of world wide web I get to direct. (I secretly like to be in charge.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, Amy. Good to see you again. :-) Loved the video of Melissa in her new room. Happy summer. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, E! I hope you're having a super fabulous summer too. (Mine is over in about 4 weeks, boo.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...